This program prepares students for a career in sterile processing and distribution. Course preparation includes Human Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology and Infection Control, Decontamination, Sterilization, Surgical Instrumentation Processing and Distribution.
The Allied Institute of Professional Studies offer Central Service Technical Training as a comprehensive course in Central Service and Sterile Processing, designed to prepare central service, operating room, infection control, and material management employees to succeed on the CBSPD examination and become Certified Central Service Technicians (CRCST).
- Introduction to Central Service.
- Medical Terminology.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Microbiology for Central Service.
- Regulations and Standards.
- Infection Prevention and Control.
- Tools for Cleaning.
- Decontamination; Point of Use Preparation and Transport.
- Cleaning and Decontamination.
- Surgical Instrumentation.
- Complex Surgical Instruments.
- Sterile Packaging and Storage.
- Point of Use Processing.
- High Temperature Sterilization.
- Low Temperature Sterilization.
- Inventory Management.
- Management of Patient Care Equipment.
- Tracking Systems.
- Quality Assurance.
- Communication and Human Relations Skills.
- Sterile Processing for Ambulatory Surgery and Other Practices.
IF YOU THINK THIS IS A PROFESSION YOU WANT TO PURSUE, THEN CLICK ON REGISTRATION FORM TO REGISTER.
There are 4 different timeframes of the course, you can choose from according to your availability:
FAST TRACK (M,W,F): 9am-2pm (4 wks)
Next class starts: Nov. 30th 2013
6 Wks (TUES & THURS) 9am-2pm Dec. 17th, , 2013
Evening CLASS(TUES & THURS): 5pm-8pm (8 wks)
Next class starts: Dec. 10th, 2013
SATURDAYS ONLY: Saturdays (10 wks) 9am-2pm
Next class starts: Jan 6th,, 2014
Call for details: (773) 961-8150 / (773) 455-4945Fax: (773) 961-8012